Philatelic Society of Lancaster County
The James Buchanan Chapter #173 of the American Philatelic Society
Chapter 118 of the American Topical Association
Membership Application Submission
The Society is happy to announce that prospective members can click below, print and complete the new member form and mail your Check or Money Order, payable to the “The Philatelic Society of Lancaster County” to Barbara Buchanan, PO Box 116, Conestoga, PA 17516-0116. You can also make payment via PayPal Friends & Family to President Charles J. DiComo, PhD at email@example.com.
For existing members who want to renew their membership for 1 or more years, and/or to make a donation to support all of our Society activities, you can use PayPal-Friends & Family, by remitting payment to President Charles J. DiComo, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org and denote reason for payment in Note section and your Name.
- Bi-Monthly Virtual Meetings via Zoom (held second and fourth Wednesday of the month [except Aug. & Dec.] at 6:30 PM) from acclaimed philatelists presenting on a myriad of interesting and fascinating stamp collecting and postal history topics. Great Q&A sessions always follow as well as our members and guest Show & Tell. The more the merrier!
- Monthly Full-Color, Award-Winning Newsletter: packed with a wide array of interesting topics on stamps and postal history.
- Access to our YouTube Channel with video presentations by our award-winning speakers – Subscribe and Like!
- Buy/Sell Bourse: you have sessions to buy or sell stamps, covers and accessories to fellow collectors before, during and after the Meeting.
- Auctions: three times a year you have the opportunity and participate in a Club Auction.
- LANCOPEX: our Annual Two Day Stamp Show & Exhibition includes Invited Dealers, a U.S. Post Office Mail Station, Daily Show Cachets, Stamp & Postal History Exhibits, plus Members Exhibit FREE!
- Dues are $10.00 per year. Junior (younger than 16) dues are $5.00 per year.
- Any person joining the Society after the month of June of a given year shall pay dues of one-half the yearly rate
From the Archive
Below is an original PSLC Membership Application, circa 1940. It describes the merits of joining the Society: the congenial fellowship; the carefully planned programs of every monthly meeting; the monthly journal the “Collector’s Bulletin”; and the opportunity to trade, sell or buy material at every meeting. And the annual dues were only $2.00. To think, in 80 years our dues have only increased 5 times to $10.00. Sounds like a bargain to me for all of the above!