Philatelic Society of Lancaster County
The James Buchanan Chapter #173 of the American Philatelic Society
Chapter #118 of the American Topical Association
Welcome – Enjoy your Visit!
The Philatelic Society of Lancaster County (PSLC) is an award-winning, non-profit community organization dedicated to promoting stamp collecting as a hobby for education and fun, from the teenager to adult, from the beginner to postal historian, serving members from Lancaster, Lebanon, Reading, York, Harrisburg, Hershey and beyond. For Membership Benefits and/or to become a member, click JOIN US.
2019 SOCIETY PROGRAMS
VENUE: We hold our Meetings, Lectures, Auctions, Bourse and Annual Open House at Landis Homes, in the Crossings Meeting Room, 2nd floor, 1001 East Oregon Road, Lititz, PA. For information and directions, scroll down.
- December 18 (Note 3rd Wednesday of month): Holiday Dinner at the Garden Cafe, Woodcrest Villa, 2001 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster. Starts at 6:00 PM, Cost: $20 per person to be paid at the door. Members, guests, and visitors are welcome, but all must confirm in advance via email to Paul Petersen or +1 (717) 299-5640. There will be an optional gift exchange of a philatelic Nature in the $5-8 range. Hosts: Deb Ehleiter & Company.
2019 REGIONAL SHOWS, EXHIBITIONS & GATHERINGS
- November 15-16: 42nd Annual Old Dominion Post Car Club Show & Sale, John Tyler Community College, Chester, VA. Hours: Fri. 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM; Sat. 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. $3 donation good for both days.
- November 16: The Philatelic Gathering, Chester County Historical Society, West Chester, PA., 10:00 AM. Details HERE
- November 22-23: York International Postcard Expo, York Fairgrounds, Horticultural Hall, 334 Carlisle Ave, York, PA. Hours: Fri. 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM; Sat. 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Admission $5.00, good for both days.
- November 29-30: Lancaster Fall Postcard Show, Farm & Home Center, 1383 Arcadia Road, Lancaster, PA. Hours: Fri. 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM; Sat. 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Admission $2.50.
- December 15: Some Sunday Stamp Show, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Farm & Home Center, Lancaster, PA.Kevin Kellman, Host
2020 SOCIETY PROGRAMS
VENUE: We hold our Meetings, Lectures, Auctions, Bourse and Annual Open House at Landis Homes, Crossings Meeting Room, 2nd floor, 1001 East Oregon Rd, Lititz, PA. For info & directions, scroll down.
- January 8: Winter Club Auction. Host: Hal Klein. For more info, visit Auction Instructions. Download the Auction Lot Form HERE
- February 12: From the U.S. to Farther India & Back Again: A Five Month Journey of a Baptist Missionary Cover in 1856-1857. The Challenge: Determining the Rates and Routes, by Dr. Charles J. DiComo
- March 11: The U.S. 1933 Byrd Antarctic Issue: Production, First Day and Other Uses, by Alan Warren. Host: Dick Shaefer
- April 8: Exploring Postal History, by Bill Schultz. Host: Tony Coccio.
- May 13: Canada’s Roll in Union & Confederate Postal Cross-Border Mail during the U.S. Civil War, Ron Majors
- June 10: Spring Club Auction. For more information, visit Auction Instructions. Download the Auction Lot Form HERE
- July 8: The Development of Perforations on United States Postage Stamps: 1855 – 1857, by Dr. Charles J. DiComo, PSLC President
- August TBD: Summer Picnic, Memorial Park, Millersville, PA
- September 9: Fall Club Auction. For more information, visit Auction Instructions. Download the Auction Lot Form HERE
- October 14: Great Britain Stamped to Order Stationary & Royal Household Official Mail, by David Hunt
- November 11: Annual Meeting, Open House & Exhibition, Len Kasper & Paul Petersen
- December 16: December Holiday Dinner
2020 REGIONAL SHOWS, EXHIBITIONS & GATHERINGS
- April 24-25: 35th LANCOPEX Stamp Show, at the Farm & Home Center of Lancaster, 1383 Arcadia Road, Lancaster, PA, 17601. Show hours: Friday, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM; Saturday, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Free Admission, Parking and Wi-Fi. The PSLC will be celebrating the 180th Anniversary of the issuance of the Penny Black, Great Britain Scott #1 issued in 1840. For more details, click HERE
2021 SOCIETY PROGRAMS
It is never too late to start planning ahead for 2021, speakers are requested. Please contact Paul Petersen. VENUE: We hold our Meetings, Lectures, Auctions, Bourse and Annual Open House at Landis Homes, Crossings Meeting Room, 2nd floor, 1001 East Oregon Rd, Lititz, PA. For info & directions, scroll down.
- January 13: Winter Club Auction. For more information, visit Auction Instructions. Download the Auction Lot Form HERE
- February 10: Dr. Charles J. DiComo, topic TBD
- March 10:
- April 14: Bill Schultz, topic TBD
- May 12:
- June 9: Spring Club Auction. For more information, visit Auction Instructions. Download the Auction Lot Form HERE
- July 14:
- August TBD: Summer Picnic, Memorial Park, Millersville, PA
- September 8: Fall Club Auction. For more information, visit Auction Instructions. Download the Auction Lot Form HERE
- October 13:
- November 10: Annual Meeting, Open House & Exhibition
- December TBD: December Holiday Dinner
The Crossings Meeting Room at Landis Homes on 1001 East Oregon Road, Lititz, PA (Directions below).
- The Society meets monthly on the 2nd Wednesday (except August).
- Doors Open at 6:30 PM. Visitors Welcome!
- Come Early to Share, Buy, Sell, and/or Trade.
- Free Wi-Fi: Network = LHWIS; Password = landishomes07
- Contact Paul Petersen at (717) 299-5640 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
DIRECTIONS TO MEETING LOCATION
Landis Homes is located on 1001 East Oregon Road, also known as Route 722. Route 722 runs in a somewhat East-West direction between the Lititz Pike (Route 501) and the Oregon Pike (Route 772). You can easily reach this facility from either direction.
(1) From the North or the South via Lititz Pike: Take Lititz Pike (Rt. 501) toward Neffsville. Just 0.3 – 0.4 miles north of Neffsville is a traffic light at East Oregon Road (Rt. 722). Turn east, and it is two miles to Landis Homes, which is on the south side.
(2) From the North or South via Rt. 222: Take exit for Oregon Pike (Rt. 272). On Oregon Pike, turn north for 0.3 miles. Turn left on Creek Road for 0.3 miles, and then left on Oregon Road. Landis Homes is about 0.8 miles on the south side.
(3) Entering the Facility: Off Oregon Road there are three entrances to Landis Homes: an (1) East, (2) a West entrance, and (3) a middle or Main entrance. Enter here at the Main Entrance, the large building right in front of you is the Calvin and Janet High Learning and Wellness Center (this is the purple building on the map with #5 attached). Park here. The Crossings Meeting Room is on the second deck of this building, and is there is an elevator which you can take up one floor.
From Lancaster: Take Route 501 North (Lititz Pike) through Neffsville. At traffic light, turn right onto East Oregon Road (Route 722 East). Continue 2 miles to Landis Homes entrances on the right.
From Lititz: Go south on Route 501. About one mile past the Lancaster Airport turn left at traffic light onto Route 722 East (also known as East Oregon Road) and continue 2 miles to Landis Homes entrances on the right.
From Harrisburg: Take Route 283 East, approximately 30 miles, which leads directly onto US Route 30 East. Follow Route 30 East to the Lititz Pike Exit (Route 501 North). At the stop light, turn left onto Route 501 North. Follow 501 North through Neffsville. At traffic light for East Oregon Road (Route 722 East) turn right. Continue 2 miles to Landis Homes entrances on the right.
From Philadelphia: Take Reading exit (Old exit # 21, at mile post 286) off the PA turnpike at US 222 South towards Lancaster. Continue south on US 222 to the Brownstown Exit. Go right (Route 772 West) a short distance to Rt. 272, which is at a traffic light. Turn left onto Rt. 272 South for 1.8 miles and turn right onto Rt. 722, East Oregon Road. (Speedway gas station is at the intersection.) Continue 1 mile to Landis Homes entrances on the left.
Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club (RSCC)
We are pleased to promote the Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club and their Program, StampShow, Auctions and other events. The Club meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Berkshire Commons, 5485 Perkiomen Avenue (Route 422), Reading PA. For more information, please contact Mike Bach.
See you at the Club!
2019 Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club
- December 14: Christmas Luncheon, 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM, YR Club in Wyomissing, Cost per person $20.00 including one alcoholic drink, $15.00 with non-alcoholic drink. Payment must be recevied no later than December 6th. RSVP Mike Bach
2020 Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club
We shall be posting the 2020 schedule of speakers and events in the coming weeks.