Philatelic Society of Lancaster County
The James Buchanan Chapter #173 of the American Philatelic Society
Chapter 118 of the American Topical Association
The 34th Annual Lancopex Stamp Show will occur on Friday April 26th & Saturday April 27th, 2019.
Friday April 26th, 2019 (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM) | Saturday April 27th, 2019 (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
Farm & Home Center of Lancaster County, 1383 Arcadia Road, Lancaster, PA 17601
Enjoy the Program in advance of the Show. LANCOPEX 2019 34th Annual Stamp Show Program
SHOW COVERS FOR PURCHASE
The Show covers will be specially cancelled on each day of the show with a 1939 NYWF handstamp by the U.S. Postal Service. The cost per cover is $3.00 post-paid, or $2.50 each with a self-addressed and stamped envelope (SASE). If interested, please send your request and check made out to “Philatelic Society of Lancaster County” to Paul Petersen, 1300 Hillcrest Road, Lancaster, PA 17603-2413. If you have any questions, email Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (717)299-5640.
This years theme is celebrating the 80th Anniversary of the New York World’s Fair of 1939.
- Joseph Berlin: 2 Frames, “Covers, Picture Postcards, related items for the 1939 New York World’s Fair”
- Joy Bouchard: 1 Frame, “Music, Communication via Telephones and the Mail”
- Charles J. DiComo, PhD: 1 Frame, “Transparent Motto Wafers/Seals on U.S. Covers”
- Lou DiFelice: 1 Frame, “Miscellaneous Covers & How I Chose Them”
- Jay Eberly: 1 Frame, “1939 New York World’s Fair Ephemera”
- Lucy Eyster: 1 Frame, “Inkwell Postcards”
- Charles Kilgore: 2 Frames, “Space on U.S. Stamps”
- Hal Klein: 4 Frames, “Colors of the Baby Bank Note Issue”
- Thomas Nichols: 1 Frame, “The 1936 and 1937 Issue Honoring the United States Army – Navy Heroes”
- R.D. Noble: 2 Frames, “Lancaster County Covers; Precancels”
- Paul Petersen: 2 Frames, “Postage Stamps, Cinderella’s, and other Ephemera of the 1939 New York World’s Fair”
- Robert Witkosky: 2 Frames, “German Horseshoe Cancellations,” “Sudanese Camel Post Stamp,” & “Alaouites – A Window in Time”
EVENT PATRON & ADVERTISING
If you are interested in supporting the Show by being a Patron, please contact Lou DiFelice or Dick Shaefer for more information. Patrons who donate to LANCOPEX and the Society shall be highlighted in the Show Program.
- Free Admission & Free Parking
- 20 Dealer’s & Bourse, with over 55 tables
- U.S. Post Office Department Table & Show Cancel and Cachet
- Stamp & Postal History Exhibits on Display
- Youth Tables with Free Stamps
- Food, Snacks & Drinks available on site
- Stamp Materials (U.S., Foreign, Topicals, Covers, Postal History)
- Stamp & Postal History Supplies & Publications
STAMP BUDDIES PROGRAM
For our Show Visitors:
- Are you a new collectors and/or is this our first time at Lancopex?
- Would you like a Society member to show you around the Sales area to meet the Dealers?
- Would you like a Society member to show you the Exhibition area with the Stamp & Cover Displays?
- Are you trying to sell a collection or a box of covers? Would you like the help of a Stamp Society member with this?
We have the time, so let us know how we can help you get the most out of Lancopex. Our Society member volunteers are here to serve you. Enjoy the Show!
From YORK & West
Rte 30E to PA Rte 72 exit (Manheim Pike exit) – Turn right at ramp Stop Sign – At the next Street turn left into Service Rd, just north of the Honda dealership.
From PHILADELPHIA & East
Rte 30W to PA Rte 283W to PA Rte 72 exit (Manheim Pike exit) – Turn left onto Rte 72 (under the Rte 30 by-pass bridge) – Go approximately 8/10th of a mile – Turn left into Service Rd just north of the Honda dealership.
Rte 283 to PA Rte 72S, bear right off the ramp – Go approximately 6/10th of a mile – Turn left into Service Rd just north of the Honda dealership.
Rte 222S to US 30W – Then follow the directions from Philadelphia.