Philatelic Society of Lancaster County
The James Buchanan Chapter #173 of the American Philatelic Society
Chapter 118 of the American Topical Association
Officers, Committee Chairs and Board of Directors
As per the Society By-Laws, elected officers shall consist of the President, 1st and 2nd Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. In addition, the President shall appoint chairpersons to operate the following standing committees: Program, Membership & Hospitality, Newsletter, and Publicity. These nine persons will make up the Board of Directors. In addition, the Immediate Past President will serve as advisor to the Board without voting rights at Board meetings.
Officers (2nd Term)
LANCOPEX Chairpersons: Lou DiFelice & Dick Shaefer
Auction Chairpersons: Lou DiFelice & Dick Shaefer
Membership Chair: Barbara Buchanan
ATA Representative: Lucy Eyster
PSLC Newsletter Editor, Programs & APS Representative: Dr. Paul Petersen
Publicity Chair: Len Kasper
USPOD Liaison: Diane Meek
Web Programmer & Designer Chair: Dr. Charles J. DiComo
Immediate Past President: Doug Milliken
Board of Directors 2019
Dr. Charles J. DiComo, John Hostetter, William Greiner, III, Diane Meek, Lou DiFelice, Barbara Buchanan, Dr. Paul Petersen, Len Kasper, Dick Shaefer (Emeritus Advisor), Doug Milliken (ex officio Advisor)
If you are interested in getting involved in Society operations, please contact Dr. Charles J. DiComo – we would love to have you join the team!
- President, Call to Order
- Recognize & Welcome Guests
- Guest Speaker Introduction, Presentation/Lecture/Q&A
- Treasurer’s Report – Motion to Approve
- Secretary’s Report – Motion to Approve
- Consideration of Old & New Business
- President’s Agenda Presentation
- Vice President’s Report
- Social Media Report (Website, Facebook, etc.)
- Members Session – Open to Floor for discussion
- Door Prizes & 50-50 Raffle
- Intermission / Snack / Break
- Presentation of Scheduled Program (Internal Speaker or Auction)
- Adjournment of Meeting
What follows is a partial list of the Society’s past Presidents. If you have more information to share, please contact Dr. Charles J. DiComo.
|2021||1987||James G. Boyles||1953|
|2020||1986||James G. Boyles||1952|
|2019||Dr. Charles J. DiComo||1985||James G. Boyles||1951|
|2018||Dr. Charles J. DiComo||1984||James G. Boyles||1950||Robert R. Maxwell|
|2017||Doug Milliken||1983||James G. Boyles||1949|
|2016||Hal Klein||1982||James G. Boyles||1948|
|2015||William Greiner, III||1981||1947|
|2013||Robert D. Noble||1979||1945|
|2011||John M. Bray||1977||1943|
|2010||John R. Ahlfeld||1976||1942|
|2009||William P. Snyder||1975||1941|
|2007||Robert D. Noble||1973||1939||Mr. Meckel|
|2006||Lou DiFelice||1972||1938||E.F. Evans|
|2005||Al Schaub||1971||1937||Reverend C.E. Berghaus|
|2004||Marilyn Shirley||1970||1936||Thomas A. Keller|
|2003||Paul Petersen||1969||Milton Brown||1935|
|2002||James G. Boyles||1968||1934||Edgar W. Worrest|
|2000||Peter S. Billis||1966||1932|
|1999||William Greiner, II||1965||1931|
|1997||Lucy Eyster||1963||1929||Rev. M.J. Hoeppner|
|1996||Peter S. Billis||1962||1928|
|1994||William Greiner, II||1960||1926|
From the Archives
The Philatelic Society of Lancaster County (PSLC) Revised By-Laws booklet, along with amendment to Article II, Section 3, all adopted at the October meeting in 1962.
Charles J. DiComo, PhD
Charles is a life-long philatelist & numismatist and active in the philatelic community. He is President, Web Designer & Developer of the Philatelic Society of Lancaster County; the Editor-in-Chief of The Chairman’s Chatter, Editorial Proofreader of The Chronicle, and Webmaster of the U.S. Philatelic Classics Society; on the Board of the Directors, Web Designer & Developer for the Empire State Postal History Society; and served for 9 years on the Smithsonian National Postal Museum’s Council of Philatelists.
He is an active member of the: American Philatelic Society (30+ yrs); British North American Philatelic Society (20 yrs); Empire State Postal History Society; Pennsylvania Postal History Society; Philatelic Society of Lancaster County; Postal History Society; Society of Paper Money Collectors; U.S. Philatelic Classics Society (Life Member); and the U.S. Stamp Society. He is also a Charter member of The Philatelic Gathering, a regional study group whose mission is to share our love of philately with others.
Charles holds a PhD in Genetics; an Executive at WellSpan Health and currently resides in East Hempfield with his wife and two daughters; both beginner collectors.
1. DiComo, PhD, Charles J., From the Grain Fields of Virginia to a Gin Distillery in Holland, Excelsior!, March 2017, Whole No. 25 NS, pp. 12-15.
2. DiComo, PhD, Charles J., An American Letter Mail Company 1844 Folded Letter from NYC to Albany – A Scarce New Find, Excelsior!, March 2018, Whole No. 27 NS, pp. 3-8.
3. DiComo, PhD, Charles J., New Plate Flaw Discovery: “Dash and Ink Trail” on 3¢ 1851 Stamp, The Chronicle 259 (August 2018), Vol. 70, No. 3, pp 215-217.
4. DiComo, PhD, Charles J., A Patrons View of the Bad Management at the U.S. Post Office Department in 1840, Excelsior!, September 2018, Whole No. 28 NS, pp. 3-7.
5. DiComo, PhD, Charles J., Special Feature, Philatelic Society of Lancaster County Newsletter, An 1845 “Ship Letter” from Port-au-Prince, Hispaniola to New York City on the Brig Hayti, January 2019, Vol. 82, No. 1, pp 5-11.
6. DiComo, PhD, Charles J., An 1845 “Ship Letter” from Port-au-Prince, Hispaniola to New York City on the Brig Hayti, Excelsior!, March 2019, Whole No. 29 NS, pp. 5-13.
7. DiComo, PhD, Charles J., The Life of Hiram Vail and the Obsolete Notes produced for his Banking & Collection Office in Amenia, New York, Paper Money, May-June 2019, Vol. LVIII, No. 3, Whole No. 321, pp. xxx-xxx. (In Press)