Philatelic Society of Lancaster County
The James Buchanan Chapter #173 of the American Philatelic Society
Chapter 118 of the American Topical Association
Welcome – Enjoy your Visit!
The Philatelic Society of Lancaster County (PSLC) is an award-winning, non-profit community organization dedicated to promoting stamp collecting as a hobby for education and fun, from the teenager to adult, from the beginner to postal historian, serving members from Lancaster, Lebanon, Reading, York, Harrisburg, Hershey and beyond. For Membership Benefits and/or to Join Us, click HERE.
NOTICE TO MEMBERS – Annual Membership Dues are Due!
It is that time of the year to send in your annual membership dues to renew – and what a bargain at only $10.00/year. Please contact Barb Buchanan, Membership Chair or see her at the next meeting. You may also mail your membership dues to her at P.O. Box 116, Conestoga, PA 17516-0116. Make checks payable to “Philatelic Society of Lancaster County.”
2018 SOCIETY PROGRAMS
- December 19: Holiday Dinner, Recognition Ceremony, Door Prizes, Announcement of 2019 Officers; Hosted by Deb Ehleiter & Company
- Location: Viva Center at Woodcrest Villa, 2001 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601;
- Cost: $30/person; Hors d’oeuvres 5:30 PM, Buffet Dinner 6:00 PM;
- Menu: Appetizers, Fruit Punch, Seafood Newburgh, Chicken Florentine, Baked Ham with Cranberry Sauce, Coleslaw, Mixed Greens, Fruit Salad, Lemon Rice, Scalloped Potatoes, Green Bean Almandine, Maple-Glazed Carrots, Tiramisu, Apple Crumb Pie, Coffee, Tea, Iced Tea & Water.
Please contact Dr. Paul Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending
2018 REGIONAL SHOWS
- December 16: Some Sunday Stamp Show, Farm & Home Center, Lancaster, Kevin Kellman, Host
2019 SOCIETY PROGRAMS
- January 9: Winter Club Auction, Tony Coccio, Host
- February 13: An Overview of Bosnian Philately: 1879-1918, Robert Witkosky
- March 13: The N.Y. Postmaster Provisional Stamp of 1845, Mark Schwartz
- April 10: The Joys of Philately, Bill Schultz
- May 8: The History of Printing on Stamps, Joseph Sullivan
- June 12: Spring Club Auction
- July 10: Making Philatelic Donations, Richard Nakles
- August 14: Summer Picnic, Memorial Park, Millersville, PA
- September 11: Fall Club Auction
- September 17: SPECIAL Presentation by Dr. Charles J. DiComo at the Greater Philadelphia Stamp & Collectors Club (GPS&CC), on Banking in Pawling, New York: In the Village & Surrounding Townships, 1849–1929. For more info, contact Phil Russell at email@example.com
- October 9: The Development of Perforations on United States Postage Stamps, 1855-1857, Dr. Charles J. DiComo; Deb Ehleiter, Host
- November 13: Annual Meeting, Open House & Exhibition, Len Kasper & Dr. Paul Petersen
- December 11: December Holiday Dinner, Deb Ehleiter & Co., Hosts
2020 SOCIETY PROGRAMS
It is never too late to start planning ahead for 2020, speakers are requested. Please contact Dr. Paul Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 8: Winter Club Auction
- February 12:
- March 11:
- April 8:
- May 13: Canada’s Roll in Union & Confederate Postal Cross-Border Mail during the U.S. Civil War, Ron Majors
- June 10: Spring Club Auction
- July 8:
- August TBD: Summer Picnic, Memorial Park, Millersville, PA
- September 9: Fall Club Auction
- October 14:
- November 11: Annual Meeting, Open House & Exhibition, Len Kasper & Paul Petersen
- December 16: December Holiday Dinner
Bluebird Commons in Woodcrest Villa, 2001 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601 (Directions to Bluebird Commons at bottom of page)
- The Society meets monthly on the 2nd Wednesday (except August).
- Doors Open at 6:30 PM. Visitors Welcome!
- Come Early to Share, Buy, Sell, and/or Trade.
- Contact Paul Petersen at (717) 299-5640 or email@example.com for more info
DIRECTIONS TO BLUEBIRD COMMONS
Enter Woodcrest Villa on Harrisburg Pike directly across from the Penn Medicine-Lancaster General Health Pavillion. Drive 70 yards until you reach a “T” intersection and a “Welcome” sign to Woodcrest Villa. Turn right and proceed for another 70 yards and make your first left. Go five yards and make the first right into the parking lot. Park here in a “Vistors” space, not a “Resident” space. The entrance to Bluebird Commons is on the left, at the end of the building at the bottom of the hill. Should this lot be filled, you may park in any space in the lot across the street from Bluebird Commons. If you have any questions after parking, you may inquire at the meeting if you are correctly parked.
Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club (RSCC)
We are pleased to promote the Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club and their Program, StampShow, Auctions and other events. The Club meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Berkshire Commons, 5485 Perkiomen Avenue (Route 422), Reading PA. For more information, please contact Mike Bach.
Please click here for the Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club 2018 Program See you there!
2019 Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club
The schedule of speakers and events is being finalized and shall be posted shortly.
- January 8:
- February 5:
- March 5:
- April 2: From the U.S. to Farther India & Back Again: A Five Month Journey in 1856-1857 – The Challenge: Determining the Rates & Routes, by Dr. Charles J. DiComo
- May 7:
- June 4:
- July 2:
- August 6:
- September 3:
- October 1: The Development of Perforations on United States Postage Stamps: 1855 – 1857, by Dr. Charles J. DiComo
- November 5:
- December TBD: